Monday, 9 January 2017

woe is me

it's excruciatingly difficult for me to cry nowadays. although there's this sadness that keeps intensifying within me, i just couldn't cry it out. i keep trying to find things that could make me cry; movies, dramas, books. anything you could name. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. this woe is crushing my heart so much that i tend to feel like it's hard to breathe, like something's pressing hard on my chest. no room to inhale any air in. as if my lungs are being compressed. i don't even know why i'm sad, that's what pissing me off the most. but tbh, letting this out in words makes me feel a bit better. a lot better now. the reason i can only write when i'm sad.

1 comment:

  1. There's this Korean movie called A Moment To Remember that made me cry buckets, if you want to try.

    Anyway, I just want to say that there was a time in my life that I could only write when I was sad. Not only did I write, but I wrote SO well at that time. It still baffles me even to this day how it happened, how my sadness correlated to my ability to string words together. But I grew out of that phase; I became happier, but also sadder at the same time that the writing mojo was slowly slipping away from my hands. It's weird, but I think that's life I suppose. You win some, you lose some, you have to decide what's worth winning & losing.

    Hope your first week of 2017 went well Izzy.

    ReplyDelete